Monday, October 5, 2009

Sensory Detail: Sound

Loud and annoying, the irritating sound plunges forcefully into my eardrums. The noise echoing resembles a car alarm or a police siren. It gets louder, and louder as time runs out. Just when you think the sound is going to stop it keeps going, i never witnessed a time considered to be quick go by so slowly. Bursting the insides of my eardrums, how i would hate to have to hear that against my will. The sound wave is consistent, never breaking the pattern of the noise. If sound could have a color, i assure you this sound would be red, because when things are written in red it's usually to warn people, or catch the attention of. This sound would most likely catch the attention of a deaf man. I never knew such a loud sound could be considered a form art.



1 comment:

  1. I liked it when you said "the irritating sound plunges forcefully into my eardrums" because it was very descriptive and it caught my attention. You used showing not telling when you say it burst in your eardrums. You could of used a simile by saying The noise echoing was like a car alarm, instead of resembles a car alarm.

    ReplyDelete