Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"I Struggled To Get Here!"

I struggled to get here!


“I struggled to get here.” My mom would always say. I sat in the passenger seat
Horizontal to my mother, the car was filled with the smell of car fresheners, and
the Breeze flowing from the side window made me Shiver. I loved long car rides, especially with my mom it always made me feel so safe, and secure. She sang along with the radio with a cracked voice snapping her fingers with her free hand. “Sarah smile, wont you smile a while for me Sarah smile.” How ironic I thought, my mom’s Name is Sarah, and she just so happens to never smile. “All my friends used to sing this song to me.” She said. I looked over at her “I bet they did.” I could tell that the Song had brought back memories. I never really thought about what my mom sacrificed for me. Not just having to deal with me, but my five other siblings all by herself. Having her first child at 17, I couldn’t even imagine how she did it. Always having to put us first, no matter how bratty or Disrespectful she thought we were, she put up with it and took care of us. She didn’t always have a lot of money but she made the Most of what she had.
She made sure we had everything we needed, and she did it all by herself. Being
selfless is my mother’s Specialty. It’s almost like her world revolved around us. My
mom isn’t going to be around forever, but I know one thing for Sure, I’ll never have
to go through anything Alone as long as I have her. She’s been a Mom, and a dad for
as long as I can remember, she’s been there every single Time, even though we
disagree, and have Pointless arguments there hasn't been a day Yet that she’s let me
down.

No comments:

Post a Comment