Monday, November 2, 2009

Literary Devices Blog


Catching the signal from one of her friends, Angela brushed her skirt, took a deep breath and walked towards where he was sitting. He sat on the bench like a bump on a log.
"Hi Michael!" Angela said as she slipped a piece of loose hair behind her ear.
"Whats up?" Michael replied, trying not to look up from his book. The two of them sat in silence.
Angela could tell Michael had a chip on his shoulder. "Are you still mad at me?"
"Why would I be mad?" He pretended not to know.
"I'm sorry Michael, I'm heartbroken too, but there's nothing i can do"
"Whatever!" He got up and trailed along dragging his feet.
"Bye!"

4 comments:

  1. i liked how you added enough detail for us to know what happened without you having to write alot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you didn't have to write a lot in order for us to know what happened. Like it was small and simple but we still knew what happened. And You kind of explained how Micheal is like it seamed like he really liked Angela but then they broke up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you use showing and not telling. I could visualize Micheals actions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way you gave a lot of detail and used showing not telling

    ReplyDelete